Balm for excessive keratinisation
Pilarix Balm is an intensive moisturising preparation with a unique formula, combining strong moisturising and restructuring action. Thanks to a high urea content and moisturising complex it reduces symptoms of extensive skin dryness. Additionally, ceramides contained, cholesterol and phytosfingosine support restoring the lipid structure in the epidermis, ensuring its firmness and elasticity.
The uniquely selected ingredients of Pilarix® urea-containing ceramide balm complement the necessary physiological substances and regulate the functioning of the stratum corneum. As a result, the skin is properly moisturised, firm and elastic, resistant to external factors.
Identical to the skin structure lipid concentrate for moisturising and skin protection, which consists of:
- Ceramides 1, 3, 6II – natural component of skin lipids, a major component of the adhesive filling intercellular cavities in the stratum corneum. They form a kind of protective barrier for skin, preventing excessive loss of water and increasing its absorption while accelerating its regeneration.
- Cholesterol – this compound along with the ceramides is one of the elements of a unique adhesive filling intercellular cavities of the stratum corneum,
- Phytosphingosin is an organic alkali present in a human skin. It arises in the skin as a result of chemical degradation of ceramides. It participates in the process of differentiation of epidermal cells and effectively inhibits the growth of bacteria and yeasts,
- Urea – natural chemical substance produced by a human body as a metabolite of proteins and other nitrogen compounds. It does not have any hygroscopic properties, but modifies chemical structure of proteins by covering water bindings, thereby increasing its content in stratum corneum,
- Macadamia nut oil – contains 28% of palmitoleic acid, which is one of the most important fatty acids found in the lipids of a human skin. The presence of palmitooleic acid, as well as the high content of monounsaturated fatty acids, provides the skin with optimal nutrition, lubrication, softening and moisturising,
- Hydrating Complex – carefully selected ingredients of the complex such as urea, pyrolidone carboxylic acid (pca) and its sodium salt, lysine, sorbitol, allantoin, hydrolysed silk proteins and lactic acid imitate the effect of the natural moisturising factor (nmf) present in the skin to ensure its proper hydration .
Indications for application
Daily care of:
- Chronically dry skin,
- Dehydrated skin,
- Skin in need of immediate regeneration,
- Lacking of firm and elasticity
Directions for use
Apply the balm on a clean, dry skin of a body once a day or more often if necessary.
In a case of skin irritation, immediately contact a doctor
When using the balm on damaged, irritated, inflamed skin or on a skin with inflammatory lesions in a form of lumps or pustules worsening of inflammation with accompanying itch may occur. In this case, the use of balm should be discontinued.
Hypersensitivity to urea, salicylic acid or other balm ingredients, pregnancy, lactation, hepatic or renal insufficiency, age under 3 years. Do not use if bacterial, viral or fungal skin infections occur. Do not use on mucous membranes, urogenital areas, eyes and skin around eyes.
Recommendations and precautions
For external use only. If swallowed, immediately contact a doctor. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the package.
Store in a dry and dark place at a room temperature
(15OC – 25OC).
Once opened, use within 6 months.
Read the package leaflet before use or consult a physician or pharmacist.